Jacqui Burke is a learning and development consultant with over 25 years of training experience who specialises in business, governance, management and leadership skills development, and supporting businesses at times of change. Following an initial career as a training and development specialist in the Financial Services sector, she became a consultant with one of the UK’s leading HR consultancy practices, and in 2001 set up her own business, Flourishing People.
Jacqui has experience of working across a number of sectors including central government, local government, voluntary and community organisations and many SMEs. Over the past 13 years she has specialised in providing business, management and leadership skills training for businesses in the Education and Early Years sectors.
Jacqui is the author of Building Your Early Years Business (planning and strategies for success and growth) published in February 2017.
Jacqui’s expertise ranges across the leadership and management spectrum. Recent training projects include design and delivery of the following:
- Governance training and undertaking External Reviews of Governance (ERGs) as an Associate Consultant working with the National Governors Association (NGA)
- CMI Level 5 in Business Support and Level 5 in Professional Consulting Skills tailored for consultants and advisers working in the Early Years and Childcare sector
- Business, leadership, governance and management skills training for business owners and managers, and boards of trustees, voluntary management committees etc
- Management / team leader development programmes providing Continuing Professional Development for SMEs from across a range of sectors – programmes have included 360 degree feedback, psychometric profiling and cover a wide range of management and interpersonal skills topics
- Team development days for newly formed and established teams to develop team working and collaborative working, and provide a sense of focus
- One to one coaching and mentoring with business owners and managers to support their professional development and enhance the performance of their business, their team and themselves as managers
- Facilitation of strategic planning awaydays, action learning sets and focus groups for the senior teams of a range of organisations.
Other activities and interests
- Non-Executive Director of Prevista (a private provider of Apprenticeships and related services)
- 15 years experience as a Governor for a local primary school (having been Chair for 5 years)
- Past Member of the Advisory Board of a Sure Start Children’s Centre.
Jacqui holds the following qualifications: Chartered Fellow of the CIPD (PTLLS-equivalent qualification); Member of the Institute of Consulting; former SFEDI Accredited Consultant; Certificate in Counselling Skills; Qualified Coach; qualified to administer the Myers Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI), Dimensions, Jigsaw@work and Appraisal360; Member of the Organisation for Responsible Businesses and recipient of the Responsible Business Standard GOLD Award (since 2013) and Suffolk Carbon Charter Silver Accreditation.